Monday, November 10, 2008

Newton of Newport

Before we left to start our journey back home on rt. 95 (complete with torrential downpours) we decided to take a walk to the end of Bannister's Wharf. Outside the Black Dog General Store we couldn't help but notice the EXTREMELY large dog chillin' outside the cafe. The only information we uncovered was that his name is Newton and contratory to popular belief - mine - he is not the Black Dog Company's mascot or owner's dog, just the owner of the average coffee goer.

Despite his LARGE size, Newton was surprisingly docile ... but I still kept my distance. Far enough to snap this picture (inconspicuously I'm sure) but close enough to catch his name. Unfortunately, the garbage can in my line of vision cuts down his magnitude, but I think you get the picture.

No comments: