Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Not Archie Bunker

Wow it's been incredibly too long since my last post. But in all honesty, there hasn't been much to warrant a post ... until tonight.

I just caught the newest episode of "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and while I wasn't balled over laughing I did let out many chuckles. In this particular episode, Christine and Barb are at risk of losing their gym franchise because they signed a contract saying they were not gay ... which they're not but married each other to allow Barb to stay in the country. However when "the man"(played by Megan Mullally) visits to evaulate their franchise, Christine reveals their marriage and Megan revokes the franchise. Damn the man!

This brings up converstations among their group of friends about how ethical it is to work for a company who blatantly discrimiates against gays and lesbians - but in a funny way. I equate the show to being the updated version of "All in the Family" however the main character isn't racist or homophobic, just self-involved.

While I do love Julia Louis-Dreyfus' character, my favorites are still Marley and Lindsay, the snobby rich moms at Ritchie's school. I'll leave you with one of my favorite clips of them.

Enjoy!

No comments: