Sunday, January 4, 2009

VH1 Starts My TV Watching New Year

Wow, another long stretch since my last post. I've been spending the last week or so eating WAY too much food and eagerly anticipating the return of television shows. Today VH1 filled that void with Confessions of a Teen Idol and Rock of Love Bus and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with both.

CTI offers a revealing look at what happens to celebrities when they are no longer in the spotlight while trying to provide the stars with a vehicle to get back the fame they desire. I have to say that it's pretty funny that Eric Nies is trying to regain his fame through the same medium he used to launch his career - reality TV. I'm interested to see what tasks they have to complete and who will actually acquire some sort of new fame.

Rock of Love didn't dissappoint with a new crop of skanky girls willing to do whatever it takes to get noticed by Bret Michaels. The most entertaining and disguisting part was when a girl did a shot out of another girls woo-ha - NASTY! This girl who was given a spanish nickname from the tequila drinking brazillian girl as "the girl who takes a shot from the woo-ha" was surprisingly eliminated ... I thought for sure she would at least get in a couple of episodes since any good reality show is made up of hot messes mixed in with some boring people. Maybe Bret is actually interested in finding love this time around ... or just trying to eleminate the amount of STD's he receives.

No comments: